21 Ada St Documentary - The Story
The 21 Ada Street Sustainable House Documentary is a comprehensive video record of the development of a sustainable house.
John Maitland is renovating his own home! We follow his progress, setbacks, and uncompromising commitment to sustainable development.
View the ‘storyboard‘ PDF which outlines the building process.
View the 4 minutes Youtube preview of the full 35 minute documentary.
Use the Purchase button to order your own copy(s)!
The full length DVD has 5 stand-alone segments. You can play all or select one:
- Introduction: setting the scene
- Water Collection, Storage, Use & Re-use
- Conservation of Resources & Reducing Waste
- Thermal Comfort, including a summary section:
- The 6 Elements of Thermal Comfort
- Materials & Construction Systems, including sub-sections:
- Thermal Mass Walls
- Energy Use
- Materials with low embodied energy & low toxicity